Monday, January 23, 2012

My favorite nephew

For today's blog (which is long overdue), I am going to write about a special little man that I miss dearly.  I have previously written about this little guy but it was before he came into the world so as much as I loved him then, it changed when I got to meet him.  I am talking about my friend Kristen's little boy, Mason.
Last September, some very kind ladies in my Charlotte group of friends, threw a Sip and See shower for Kristen and baby Mason.  If you aren't familiar with what a Sip and See is, it is a baby shower AFTER the baby is born so that everyone can give the new mom some gifts that she needs, meet the new baby and give the new mom's arms a rest because, lets face it, a room full of girls and one baby...fights will ensue over who holds him next. 
Anyway, the shower was lovely and hosts did a wonderful job but the main focus that day was on Kristen's little guy who is sweet as a button.  I have a laundry list of reasons why I adore him but I think, for me, the absolute best thing about him is his laugh.  It is hard, now that I live in Colorado, to get to be the one to make him laugh but I love when we are on facetime because Kristen or Matt (his dad) will get him to laugh and then you just sit back and watch because he will go at it for the next ten minutes.  It was my favorite thing!! My husband, Bryant, says that babies are the only ones that laugh at me so I have to take it every chance I can get.  He is just such a happy, smiling baby!!  I thank god every day for technology because it would really stink to not get to hear that laugh every once in a while. 

So, for this little munkin, I made the Sip and See cupcakes with a little baby booty on them that, I hope, gives you a little laugh (or atleast a smile) today.

No comments:

Post a Comment